Here is my attempt to answer that question.A useful lesson for confused people.
- Keep an eye on technorati top blogs to read some quality stuff.At least follow top 10 blogs.
- Use Alexa,compete services to know the traffic ranking of the sites you are visiting.Keep an eye on google page rank too.
- Regularly visit websites like Microsoft,Apple,Google and other high tech companies to track their latest moves(press releases).
- Watch videos of business leaders like Bill Gates,Eric Schmidt,Ballmer,Steve jobs etc. on You tube and Google videos regularly to know first hand industry information and their thoughts.
- Track press releases by market research firms like Gartner,iSuppli etc. to get peek into stats.
- Track startups and VC firms to improve your entrepreneurial dimension.